Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Spring?

I've lived in Minnesota most of my life... I should be prepared for the unpredictable spring weather, but I'm not. I would like to see more sunshine, soft rain falling during the night, warm temperatures, etc. Don't want much, do I?

I planted two clematis vines on either side of the arbor that my husband and son built for me last year. I did have two climbing roses planted, and they grew well last summer.... but... even with pruning them back, wrapping them in burlap, and covering them with bags of leaves... they still succumbed to the frigid winter. Never got to see a blossom. But clematis does well in northern MN, so I have high hopes for these!

Also planted morning glory seeds. If they do well, they drop seeds and will come up by themselves for many years. I love them!

My son built a new stone planter for me. I will take a picture soon.

No comments: