Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Is Spring Here?

The calendar says that it is spring. One day it's sunny and warm, the next it's cold, rainy and gloomy. Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking forward to summer. I'm NOT a hot-weather person. I sweat! Not that healthy 'glow' you hear about, but rivers of sweat dripping down my face, running off the ends of my hair, it's not pretty, folks! Sometimes I remember to tie a bandana around my head, and that sort of stops the flow of moisture, but not always.

With my bad knees, I cannot do a lot of the outside things I used to. Nor can I work outside very long without having a lot of pain later. So I thought this year, I wouldn't have to worry about the sweat issue. Wrong! After just an hour of weeding in my rock garden, I needed a shower! Oh well, could be worse.

However, I am glad that I can do some outside work. We have a beautiful place, and it takes a lot of work to keep it looking nice. My husband and son do most of it, but I like to at least keep my flower beds looking nice.

No comments: