Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Dale's 65th Birthday!

Today was my husband's 65th birthday. A birthday I was afraid he wouldn't have the chance to celebrate during the health scare of last week!

He insisted on going back to work this week. I wanted to make the day special for him. I ordered a cake that would reflect his work as the Clerk of Court for felonies. And this is what the baker came up with:


Then I ordered balloons to be delivered. They arrived at 11:30. He thought that was it. Well, at noon, our son, Colin and I arrived with the cake. I had let one of his co-workers know we would be coming, so she could clue in the rest of the office.

Dale was over at the lunch table and when he saw us he grinned and said, "Oh, oh, here comes trouble." But he was smiling. We all sang 'Happy Birthday', and the entire office gathered around to wish him all the best. Then one of the ladies took our picture and cut the cake.

I was so pleased that so many people came in to wish him well. Even the bailiff and one of the two judges who hear cases were there. They all had such nice things to say and there was lots of joking and laughing.

Dale usually doesn't like any fuss made over him, but he told me tonight that he really enjoyed the whole thing, bless his heart!


Colin, me and my wonderful husband, Dale.

3 comments:

Loralee Choate said...

Awe. You guys are the cutest family.

Happy Birthday to a wonderful guy!

Berne said...

What a nice surprise for him!

Aspen said...

Yay! :)

Please wish him a happy belated birthday from me...

And I love the cake!