Tuesday, December 11, 2007

It Has Begun...

I am working on perhaps the largest non-wedding sewing order I've ever had. I am embroidering a three line lettered design on 60 rectangles of suede cloth. When they are done, I will sew the rectangles on to 60 velour fleece blankets. The customer will be giving these blankets as Christmas presents.

Problems:
  • The suede cloth is silky on the back, and slips in the embroidery hoop. Fix: tighten the hoop VERY tightly!
  • Each design takes 18 minutes to stitch out. No way to do it any faster.
  • The bobbin thread will only last through two designs, then must be replaced with another full bobbin.
  • The customer had the blankets delivered directly to my house. One box of 15 blankets is MISSING!
  • 30 blankets are supposed to be blue, 30 brown. Customer did not like the shade of brown, so UPS will come pick up the wrong brown ones, and manufacturer is shipping another 30 brown blankets, hopefully the right shade!
  • I need to sit at the machine during the 18 minutes of stitching, because problems can happen, and if I'm somewhere else, oh my......
Anyway, that's what I'm doing...

2 comments:

Loralee Choate said...

You are so talented, Sharon. I shudder to think what would happen if I attempted to sew. (They took the scissors away from me in Home Ec. because I kept accidently snipping my fingers. I had to use the roller. Sigh.)

How is your husband doing ??

Berne said...

good luck with that...sounds like a big project!