Friday, July 09, 2010

QUILT NUMBER 300!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I started making quilts and fleece blankets for 'Project Linus' , I never dreamed that it would become such a labor of love. I started four years ago with fabric that I had left over from other sewing projects.

Soon I was hooked. I used the money I made from doing sewing for others to buy more fabric! And so, it seemed to mushroom.

The quilts and blankets that I have made are distributed by our coordinator, Jonette Anderson, who covers the northwest region of Minnesota. She sews the official 'Project Linus' label on each one, then attaches the name and address of the maker of the quilt. She takes them to hospitals in Bemidji, Deer River, Grand Rapids, Rosseau, and Thief River Falls.

If YOU want to get involved, but don't sew, you can donate to the main office. There is a link on their site.

These blankets and quilts are given to children in crisis situations. Imagine being a small child, who has been hurt in some kind of accident, or are really, really sick. Hospitals are pretty scary to everyone, but especially to a child. Now, a nurse comes to your bed and asks if you would like a blanket to cuddle with...

I have received thank you notes from parents and grandparents who say that once their child received my blanket, they were much calmer, and one even told her mother, "I can be brave now, Mommy." That one really got to me...

No comments: