Monday, May 24, 2010

Trip to the Doctor...

First of all, I have to say it was an interesting trip to Bemidji. Started softly raining, which was nice as we need the moisture. Then about half way between Cass Lake and Bemidji the 'heavens opened up' and we were deluged with rain. Yes, I said DELUGED!!!!!!!!!!
I could hardly see the road. I slowed down, and everyone else on the road did also. IT WAS NOT FUN!!
My son was along, he had questions for the dr., and he suggested turning off the highway and going into Bemidji on the south side. Good choice. Traffic was slower and I could see better. It finally let up as we got to the drs. office.
There was a short interview with the dr., then an X-ray of the left knee. Then another conference with the dr. His opinion? "Your knee isn't as bad as it could get."
Hmmmm.... living on pain pills, not being able to walk for any distance without my cane or BOTH crutches, not being able to work in my flower beds, or go up and down stairs more than once or twice a day, lying awake ALL FRIGGING night with pain (even WITH) a pain pill....

MY QUESTION IS THIS - HOW UNBELIEVABLY HORRIBLE AND PAINFUL AND GUT WRENCHINGLY BAD DOES IT HAVE TO BE???????? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM??????

He concluded by giving me a cortisone injection in the knee. That makes, oh I don't know, maybe number 27 total over the last 12 years...........

So pardon me all to heck if I'm mad, and in pain, and just want to slap someone!!!!!!!!

No comments: