Thursday, December 17, 2009

B...O...R...E...D...!...

Yes, I am so bored, I could just scream! So tonight I decided to go back to sewing baby blankets and quilts for Project Linus. I was taking a break for a while...

Feels good to be back at the sewing machine. It's sort of like an extension of myself in many ways. It makes me feel good that I am creating something... something that will give comfort to a child who is hurting...

I don't like this time of year anymore. We used to have family get-togethers, lots of laughing, good food, story telling... Since my parents passed away, and only two of my aunts are still living, no more big family gatherings. It's just my husband, son and me. I'm very, very thankful I have them! I have two dear friends who are each alone now. So I know it could be worse.

We do what we can to make this season a happy one. My husband is the premier candy maker! He makes the most awesome, melt-in-your-mouth peanut brittle! And caramel popcorn balls! He spends hours stirring, and stirring the mixtures, candy thermometer on the edge of the kettle... there is that optimum moment when the mixture is ready. Not a minute before or after... He makes batches of each to send to relatives, and give to the people in his office (even though he retired two years ago). I call him the "Candy Man".

I write up our Christmas letter, including pictures. Thanks to a new printer, they came out simply gorgeous this year! It's a Samsung, CLP-315, color laser printer. The old ink-jet finally was beyond fixing...

Oh well, what was my point to this post you ask? I'm not sure. Just trying to stay busy I guess.

No comments: