Saturday, August 29, 2009

Time Moves On...

I received an email from my third cousin... she let me know that her mother, Toots (real name Lois), had passed away. Her mother and my mother were cousins, and very close. After my father died, Toots came up to Walker from Northfield, and packed Mom up and took her home with her. As Mom said later, "she wrapped me in cotton and love, and let me grieve". The two of them spent every winter together, in Northfield, and then when Toots moved to Texas, they wintered together there.

They had been more than cousins when they were young. More like best friends. Going to parties and dances together, staying at each other's houses, sharing clothes, ... And, oh, the stories they would tell when they were reminiscing! I wish now that I had written some of them down!

Rest in peace, Toots.

No comments: