Friday, July 17, 2009

A Dog Fight...

Well, not exactly a fight... Aspen came to visit me today. She brought her sweet little Kaylee with her. When Maynard saw ANOTHER DOG COMING IN TO HER HOUSE.... well, she started barking and barking and barking! Aspen put her poor little one back in her car, and came in alone.

Maynard then barked at Aspen. I had to put her in the bedroom and shut the door. (Maynard, not Aspen).... And Maynard continued to bark in there. I was so upset with her, I could have traded her to the gypsies right then and there. But Aspen was so cool about the whole thing. She reminded me that Maynard considered this house HER property and she was trying to protect it.

Anyway, after about 45 minutes, Maynard calmed down and I was able to let her out. She came in the living room and stared at Aspen. We tried to ignore her and had a wonderful time catching up on the last couple of years.

Aspen has achieved so much, first year of teaching (very successfully), making a comfortable home, making new friends, etc. I'm so proud of her!

She said she's coming back to Minnesota in November, and I hope I can see her then, also.

Thanks for coming, Aspen. You made an old lady very, very happy!

No comments: