Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Is It Time?

Is it time to take Sony's picture down? I've been thinking about it. Not that I will ever forget her, she's been physically gone for 7 months now, but I still feel her in the house and in my heart. I've never, ever been so close to an animal before. It's almost as if she knew what I was thinking most of the time.

Maynard is here now. She is filling the emptiness in my heart. She is loving, energetic, happy, and so willing to please. She wants to know what I am doing, where I am going, and if I leave the house even for 5 minutes, she is deliriously happy when I return. She loves to wake me up in the morning. This is what she does....she sits by my head, staring at me. I can feel her staring! I open my eyes and she is ecstatic! Wiggling all over she licks my face, burrows her head into my neck and 'snuffles' her nose on my neck. Then she will back up and look me in the eye, cock her head first one way then the other as if to say, "OK, I know you're awake now. Please let me outside!" What a wonderful way to wake up!

3 comments:

Sue said...

Awww... How adorable!

Aspen said...

I think that is totally up to you. Do you feel like you want to take it down?

The picture I have for my Blogger account (see that cute doggy) is of my baby Jake. It has always been my Blogger pic, but I lost him Thanksgiving of 2005. I just haven't wanted to take it down. I like seeing his face from time to time.

Like you, I'll never forget my baby and I have a HUGE freaking hole in my heart. Sheba has filled a tiny bit, but it's not the same. I told my mom that I truly believe the only way to fill this gaping wound in my heart is to get another dog. Unfortunately, I don't live in a place where I can have a dog.

So... again, I think it's totally up to what you feel is right. And if you take it down and change your mind you can always put it back!

Anonymous said...

Your heart will tell you when it is time...maybe, the time will never come. I lost my dog, Toby going on seven years now, and I still miss her and ahve pics up.