Sunday, November 02, 2008

DARK!!!

I have mixed feelings about Daylight Savings Time. I really like it in the summer... but the first time we turn the clocks back.... well, it seems SO DARK!! Not that I'm scared of the dark, but I have 'night blindness' and can't drive after dark. Not that I'm going anywhere, but it's nice to have that option.

When I let Maynard out this morning, there was a deer standing at the edge of the yard. The deer saw HER, but she didn't see the deer, thank heavens. We have enough trouble stopping her from chasing the chipmunks and squirrels! Yes, she's on a lead (about 12 feet long), and can only go so far. But she takes off like a bullet, and hits the end on the lead, flipping herself over! Then she gets up and looks back at me in an accusing way... Poor Maynard!

By the way, she now weighs 20 lbs. I hope she is done growing, because she loves to be picked up, and sit in my lap and she is getting to be a load!

No comments: