Friday, October 03, 2008

First Anniversary...

Tomorrow is October 4th, it will mark one year since I had knee replacement surgery.

May I just say this: I don't think it was worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I woke up at 3 am this morning because of pain in my knee. I took some Ibuprofen, and settled into the recliner in the living room, with a blanket over my legs, and Maynard cuddled up beside me. The pain continued... and continued...

This scenario has been played out at least three times every single week since the surgery. I have gone through a total of 14 wks. of physical therapy. Seven right after the surgery, and seven more during July and August. I do my exercises, walk Maynard every day, go up and down the stairs to do laundry, or go out to my flower beds, three or four times a day.

Now my left knee is bothering me also. That was the one I used to get cortisone injections in every 3 or 4 months. I think it's time for another one!!! And maybe one in the right knee, also!

If anyone who reads this has ANY suggestions, please let me know. I am at my wit's end.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sharon ,

Sorry about your knees . . . .

I just mailed my booklet of instructions to a friend . . . Maybe some evening I can take the time to do pics and write out the steps . . . or this coming Thursday (the 9th) Japheth's having another digitizer class at 1:00, if you come early Judi can show ya . . .If you're like me that's easier than going by the book anyway :)

You've got a cutie of a dog! Blessings - Aimee

Anonymous said...

I wish I had the magical answer for you Sharon! I will keep you in my prayers and hope that the pain gets better.