Sunday, June 08, 2008

PAIN...

I woke up at 2 AM, hurting in so many places... knees, back, jaw (yes, I grind my teeth when I'm asleep and in pain). Naturally, Maynard woke up also, so let her outside, sat up for a while, then tried to go back to bed. Maynard was happy to curl up again next to me, and fell asleep in 2 seconds flat. I, however, could not get comfortable, pain got worse, so got up again and took some of the 'strong stuff', that my dr. prescribed.... then sat up playing a mindless game on computer till it began to numb some of the pain.

Does anyone else have problems with chronic pain? I know it's not all from my knee anymore... it's in my finger joints, neck, jaw, both knees, and hips. I do my exercises, walk the dog many, many times a day, and try my very best not to complain too much... but this is getting ridiculous.

The lack of a good night's sleep is beginning to affect me in weird ways. . . I forget things. Not important things, but little stupid things, like where did I leave my glasses! What was the name of that person... did I call so and so as I meant to?

I think it is time to make an appointment to see my dr. again. This can't continue. I won't be any good to anyone, especially myself....

2 comments:

GreenishLady said...

Oh, Sharon, that sounds miserable. I've had chronic pain in the past - hip area bursitis - which is thankfully, thankfully past (for now). You have my sympathy. I do hope your doctor will be able to find something to help. As mine was confined to one area, it was perhaps easier to treat. (Acupuncture gave me great relief at the time)

Loralee Choate said...

I have a lot of chronic pain.

I have to say that the best thing that I have ever done to relieve it is to get a weekly massage.