Friday, June 06, 2008

7 Days Without Posting Makes One Weak....

OK, that's an old joke. Sorry, but I'm an old blogger!

I've been busy house-breaking my puppy. This means going up and down six steps off the deck to give Maynard an outside walk at least 10 times a day. It's very good exercise for me and my poor knee. I should say 'knees', because the left one is now getting worse.

Maynard is catching on to the routine, however, and that is a very positive thing! I have two leads for her. One is a nylon leash, and with that I can walk her around the back yard until she finds just the right 'spot'. The other is a nylon rope attached to a metal stake at the bottom of the steps. This rope is long enough for her to travel out on her own, which she kindly does when it is raining! Yes, she is willing to go out in the wind and rain rather than get scolded for an 'accident' in the house! I call this real progress!

Took her in for more 'puppy' shots yesterday. My husband drove us in, bless his heart, because he said Maynard needed to be held. He's right! When she is a little older, I'm sure she will sit on the passenger seat just fine. Oh, and she now weighs 9 1/2 pounds! She has doubled her weight since I got her.

In between 'potty' times, I've been doing housework, laundry, and sewing. Also... taking naps in the afternoon with Maynard!

1 comment:

GreenishLady said...

An afternoon nap with a puppy! How lovely. I had a cuddle with my brother's new puppy last weekend, and it was so nice!