Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Her Name Should Be Puddles!

I am typing this with Raven curled up on my desk between my arms. Her head is lying on top of my left hand while I try to type... Yes, she is a sweety, but very possessive! If I put her down, she will cry till I pick her up again. Wait... I put her down and she's falling asleep on my foot.

There is a lot of adjusting with a new puppy. Mainly, it's remembering to take her outside to go 'potty'. Even with many, many trips outside, there are lots of accidents in the house. May I take a moment to recommend a wonderful product - "Petzorb". Sprinkle just a little on a 'puddle' and it will literally pull all the urine out of the carpet!!! Wait a few minutes and vacuum the powder up. No odor, either!

About our other dog, Tiny. She is Sony's sister... also 14 1/2 years old. VERY set in her ways, and that's OK. The puppy is the same size as her, and very rambunctious. She sees Tiny and thinks, "Oh, another puppy, hey let's play!" She runs at her and literally knocks her over. So we have to be very careful, and protect her from Raven. She will bark at her, but Raven doesn't have much sense yet...

Now she is crying for me to pick her up again. Guess it's time to go to bed. Once in bed, she will settle down next to me and sleeps all night.

3 comments:

Loralee Choate said...

Adding a new puppy to the house is always a struggle, but such a happy one. I would love to own a dog, but my boy is allergic. Sigh.

Sharon said...

Before Raven, we always had poodles. They don't shed, and they didn't bother our son's allergies at all.

Aspen said...

Oh I remember potty training Kodi (my parents dog). They'd had him for a few months and just hadn't had the time to do it because they worked every day.

About every hour I would ask (all excited) "Kodi do you wanna go outside? Go potty? Do ya? Huh?"

And then I'd take him outside and maybe he'd go potty... if he did I'd praise him ridiculously. Then I backed off and only did it every few hours and finally only when he'd ask.