Friday, April 18, 2008

Sony's Epitaph...

The ground is thawing out, and we will be burying Sony today, right beside the screen porch she loved so much. My son built her a wooden coffin, and she is wrapped in her favorite blanket. I've printed out the following and it is sealed in plastic and will be tacked to the top of the coffin:



Sony

10/31/1994 - 4/5/2008

Faithful, sweet, loving companion.
You were always watching out for me.
I will never forget you.
You will be missed so much!
Now rest in peace, my dear friend.

We will be planting a 'Miss Kim' lilac over her grave...

I have shed so many tears. When does the pain of loss get easier?

5 comments:

Loralee Choate said...

Oh, my. I took time off of blogging and I am so sorry to read this, Sharon.

My heart goes out to you.

GreenishLady said...

Maybe your question is rhetorical. It eases little by little, but for me, six months later, it has been eased recently very much by having a portrait of Trixie painted and installed on the wall just above the spot on the couch where she used to lie. I can see it from where I sit, and it comforts me hugely. The healing of the heart is a strange business. I will be praying for you.

Aspen said...

Little by little. One day at a time.

I couldn't even look at a picture of Jake without wanting to cry for about a year.

I would say take as much comfort as you can in Tiny and the fact that Sony is without pain now...

Pudgeduck said...

Psalm 147:3

SandyQuilts said...

I'm so sorry. We lost our Buddy Butte 18months ago. He too had a very long life.