Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sunday Morning Ramblings...

CAUTION...if you don't like rambling, tough!

It's Sunday morning. After a night interrupted by spasms of pain in my knee AND hip, I finally gave in and took a pain pill...a whole one.... Go ahead, call me weak. Have been trying to taper off my dependence on the darned things (Vicodin), from four a day to three, then two, then two halves taken 6 hours apart ... well, you get the idea. I don't want to be addicted. I'm already addicted to cigarettes, and that is bad enough, thank you! (chocolate is a close second)

I begin with that bit of information so if I seem more incoherent than usual, you will understand and say, "Oh, poor Sharon. She is on her meds again!"

Winter seems to be here. I usually don't mind. I don't have to shovel snow (hubby and son have a snow-blower attachment for the John Deer tractor and can move tons of snow in just a short time. All I do is sweep the snow off the back steps so our little dogs can go down easily (the guys keep an area clear of snow for them with the snowblower).

But winter means cold and colder. With my new metal knee, I have been worrying about whether or not it will get really cold...you know...like the metal of a flag pole in winter. And then the freezing cold sensation will permeate my whole body... I will end up shivering, trying to warm the knee in front of the open oven door.

This morning I was treated to a lovely breakfast! My husband served me sausages, poached eggs and an English muffin. Have I mentioned that he is an absolute sweetheart? He is already making his plans for Thanksgiving dinner. He has prepared all our holiday meals ever since he retired from the Navy 25 years ago. Picture this: a lovely roasted turkey (always a Butterball!), dressing (from scratch...NO Stovetop!), gravy, mashed potatoes, and just for me---scalloped corn with oysters! He tops this off with a pumpkin pie.

OK, I'm really rambling now...

Today because of the pain, I will be resting a lot. Hopefully, I can do some sewing. Have 50+ bandannas to hem for the Walker Animal Hospital, two pairs of jeans to shorten, and a pair of slacks to alter (for one of my sewing customers). I can sew with pain as long as I get up and walk around now and then...

Are you bored with this post yet? Well, you can always click away. If you are still hanging in there, thank you.

I finished our annual Christmas letter, printed MANY copies, and spent two evenings addressing envelopes and writing personal notes on each one. They were put in the mail yesterday morning. This is the earliest I have ever mailed them! People will be so shocked! They will probably wonder what is wrong with me...and frankly, I don't care. I'm just proud of myself that I got them all done.

I also finished editing book number 145 for 'Seeing Hands', (see link on my side-bar). This one was The House of Dies Drear by Virginia Hamilton.

Have been watching a lot of I Love Lucy re-runs lately. It's hard to believe that that show first appeared over 50 years ago! Hmmm.... and I remember watching them then!

Well, I think my pain pill is really kicking in now. Guess I should try to get dressed now. Next time I post, I'll try to be more coherent...


No comments: