Sunday, October 21, 2007

This Journey...

It has been 16 days since my surgery. I was told I could expect a 4 - 6 week recovery period.
I am already very, very tired of waiting to heal...

I Am Tired of:
  • needing help putting the support stocking on my right leg.
  • having to use a walker to navigate any further than three feet
  • being careful how I sit down and how I get up
  • sleeping in a different position than I am used to so I don't twist that knee
  • having to depend on others to haul my butt to the dr. and the therapist
  • changing the dressing on my knee every day (yes, it's still draining!)
  • the PAIN
  • the exercises that are necessary twice a day
  • resting with the leg above my heart three times a day
  • my daily shower routine that now takes almost 45 minutes!
  • not being able to do housework! (yes, I miss it!)
  • not sleeping well
  • and did I mention the PAIN?????
And I suppose anyone who reads this is tired of hearing me complain! But it's my blog and I can if I want to. (I think I'm becoming one of those crabby old ladies that I despise!)

1 comment:

Berne said...

Hang in there Sharon!