Friday, January 08, 2010

The Other Side of Midnight...

Isn't that a title of a book? I used to be so aware of books. I was a regular patron of our local library, used the interlibrary loan system to acquire books I was interested in reading but were not located on the shelves there. I would fill out a request form, and in a matter of a few days or sometimes a week, I would get a phone call that my book(s) were in. What a wonderful system, I thought!

Now I can't remember the title of the last book I read. Oh, wait, it was the last of the Harry Potter books. Don't laugh. I thought they were so fun to read... every single one of them.

I always wanted to be a writer, have my books on a library shelf for some unsuspecting person to come along and say, "Hmmm.... I think I know who this author is! Didn't she teach at one time? Wasn't her husband in the Navy for 20 years? She had two adopted children, if I remember right."

Maybe one day I will have the nerve, the courage, the guts to actually write something. It doesn't have to be an important book... just one that people will enjoy reading... one that will make them think - "Hmmm, I never thought of it that way!"

This is my pondering at 1 am waiting for the pain pill to take effect. Yes, another one of THOSE nights! I HAVE to get back to the orthopedic surgeon and get surgery scheduled. But I want to wait until spring. Don't want to drive on snowy, icy roads to the thrice weekly therapy that follows knee replacement surgery for six plus weeks.

Well, this probably didn't make any sense, but what can I say?

No comments: