Tuesday, December 01, 2009

All Within 24 hours...

I was having so much trouble editing the most recent book for 'Seeing Hands'. I couldn't enlarge the print without messing up the integrity of each page.... and the pages have to remain the way they are in order for them to be translated into Braille.

I struggled, I only worked for short periods of time, I took breaks. And STILL my eyes would water, the print would get blurry.... So I finally emailed Karen and told her (after doing over 150 books for her) that I wouldn't be able to continue. She was SO very understanding. She, of all people, understands vision problems!!!!!

Well, tonight I mentioned to my son, Colin, that I was really, really going to miss doing the books. And he said, "I can show you how to do it without messing up the pages." AND HE DID. JUST LIKE THAT. IT WAS SO SIMPLE.

Now, you ask, why didn't I ask our resident computer expert before????? Oh, I don't know. Maybe I'm getting senile. Maybe I've already lost too many brain cells. Maybe I didn't think he could do anything about it.

Well, folks, I'm here to tell you, I was wrong. DOUBLE WW, WRONG! Apparently, he can fix anything. Yes, anything. And if he can't do something, his dad can. (they have different areas of expertise)

I'm all set. Two experts in the house anytime I need them.

Sooooooo...... I emailed Karen. She is going to think I am a real nut job for sure. Just hope she sends me another book to edit!!!!

And it just proves that you are never too old to learn something new. (I should embroider that on a sweatshirt and wear it every single day as a reminder!)

No comments: