Saturday, October 10, 2009

SNOW!

We woke up to a white world. Leaves are still on the trees, but now many of them are covered with snow. Maynard LOVES it! She was running around, scooping up mouthfuls as she ran. She really, really loves this time of the year.

I don't mind it as much as I used to when I was teaching. Traveling to and from school on icy roads was NO fun! Now I have the choice of going to things or staying home if the roads are bad. So there!

Made another batch of crab apple jelly this morning. It is so pretty in the jars. And yes, it tastes good, too!

Saw something rather unusual earlier this morning. A very, very large skunk walked through our yard then into the woods. Apparently he didn't get the lesson on 'NOCTURNAL'...

More sewing is on my agenda for today. I finished the quilt top, taking pictures along the way for my 'Tech Writing' class. Now comes the next step, putting top, backing and batting together. Then turn it right side out, sew the edges, and then 'tie' it with embroidery thread. Having to document each step in words and pictures is sort of interesting. Makes me have to think a little harder about something that I've been doing on 'auto pilot' for many years!

This quilt will be going to a dear friend in the Cities who is expecting a baby any day now. When I know the name of the baby, I will embroider it on the quilt.

No comments: