Monday, September 07, 2009

One Pooped Pup!

My brother, sister-in-law, and niece were up for the Labor Day weekend. They have the house next door. We had a lovely barbecue with them on Saturday night, they came over here tonight. Maynard greets everyone, brings out a toy for them, goes back and forth checking to see if anyone---dropped any food, wants to give her some food, hold her, pet her, or talk to her.

She was in constant motion today, trying to keep track of my husband and son as they worked on installing a new sliding glass door.

Then there was the chipmunk on the deck teasing her into trying to catch him (which she could NOT do).

Instead of taking a nap with me today, as she usually does, she followed me around because I couldn't fall asleep! So tonight she was SO tired... she simply collapsed! Reminds me of when the kids were young, and would play and play then literally drop down and sleep where they dropped!

No comments: