Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Baby Steps...

So here I am, 67 years old, and trying not to feel useless. I'm making a list of things I CAN do...

  • I am a loving wife and mother. My husband and children remind me that I am a good person and they show their love for me in so many caring ways.
  • I can sew, almost anything. That talent was inherited from my mom, grandmother and great-grandmother. It was nurtured by a fantastic Home Economics teacher. It has been enhanced by much practice, fantastic new sewing machines that can do so much, and my determination not to ever turn down a tailoring job. I have been able to satisfy each and every customer! That makes me feel really good!
  • I am fairly successful at gardening. My flower beds are gorgeous! My son helps me now and then with digging, etc. since my arthritis has gotten worse.
  • I am a good learner. I'm back at BSU this semester, taking 'Technical Writing'. Dr. Morgan makes me feel that my brain is still working very well!
  • I share my talents by making quilts for 'Project Linus'. Have made 197 so far.
Well, I've patted myself on the back enough. Do I feel better about myself? A little, very little.

No comments: