Saturday, September 26, 2009

Apple Jelly and Split Pea Soup, No Less...

I just feel all 'housewifey' this morning. Cooked crab apples a few days ago, strained the juice, and this morning, made a batch of jelly! Haven't done it for a long, long time. I had forgotten how rewarding it was to hear the lids 'PING' when they seal!

Then I started a pot of split pea soup. Had a bone saved from a ham along with quite a bit of the ham still on it. Cut up onions and carrots, and now it is simmering on the stove. Later, I will take the bone out, cut off the ham and add to the pot.

Oh, I love the smell of home-made soup simmering on the stove!

Now I'm tired. Not so much from the kitchen activity as from waking up at 3:30 am... pain in knees again. Aren't you tired of hearing about that? Take it as a warning to take good care of yourself! I am way too heavy.......... and that is SO hard on the joints!

No comments: