Saturday, June 20, 2009

HOT! SWEATY!

Let's face it, I don't do summer well. I sweat. I think I've mentioned this before. Today, when I was sitting on the edge of my bed, putting on my support stockings (now...try to get THAT image out of your mind!), I was sweating like crazy. Not all over, my head was sweating! I have short hair now, and it runs through my hair, and drips off the ends onto my neck, back, shoulders... NOT a pretty picture, folks.

Well, Maynard was 'helping' me put my socks on as she does every day. She moved behind me, and I wondered what she might be up to. Well, she started licking my neck and hair, apparently trying to get rid of all the sweat droplets... What a little trooper! Now, I need to figure out some kind of backpack to put her in so she is available to catch the drops as I work around the house and yard. She weighs 22 lbs. now, so I'm not sure that is even an option. I guess it's back to wearing the terry cloth sweat band around my forehead. At least the sweat won't run into my eyes....

No comments: