Saturday, April 04, 2009

SHHHH..... I Think Spring is Coming!

These are my 'Stella de Oro' daylilies last summer.


Don't want to say it too loudly... it might go away again!

Temperature reached 40 degrees today, and with the sun shining, the snow is finally melting off our roof and deck again! Air smells fresh, and the birds sound really happy! I love spring! Spring and fall are my favorite seasons. Don't care for the hot, hot summer days, and can totally do without the ice and snow of winter. Now if we could devise a way for the snow and ice to stay totally off the highways, I might reconsider this.

Right now I'm enjoying this nice weather. I know that soon my flower beds will be all snowless and iceless, and I will have to start working in them to make some order out of the chaos that has ensued for the last couple of years. Several plants need splitting, they have overgrown their original spots in the garden. I'm thinking of new places to put the parts I will cut out. It's mostly lilies that I will be transplanting. They grow crazy!!! But I love them. Such perky, brave blossoms!

No comments: