Wednesday, March 04, 2009

SICK!!!!!!

I think I am sick. Sore throat, coughing, sneezing, runny nose, ears aching, hurts to swallow. Yes, I think I am sick.

My son has the same crud. He's had it over a week. He went to the clinic yesterday and received a prescription for antibiotics. I should have gone with him...

I am taking some prescription cough medicine I had in the cabinet, drinking tons of orange juice and ice water. Trying to take it easy, rest, nap, etc.

Maynard is worried about me. I spend some time in bed, and just when she is all settled down, I get up again and go to the computer, or the bathroom, or to the recliner in the living room. She likes the recliner the best. I have a lovely fleece blanket I put over myself, and she snuggles on top of it. She is almost too heavy to be a lap dog, weighing a little over 20 pounds now, but she stretches out so the weight is distributed evenly across my legs. Sweet puppy.

I know this 'crud' will eventually pass, but in the meantime, send some good thoughts my way. I think about how worried I used to get when my mother would get something like this when she was in her mid-sixties.... Yes, I'm an old person now. Have to be careful, right?

No comments: