Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Why?

Why do I keep blogging? I'm beginning to wonder. I began as part of an assignment for a class at BSU. I enjoy writing, and I enjoy reading other blogs. I've developed a list of blogs I read and comment on regularly.

But I don't think many people read what I write. Am I boring? Too old? Dull? Predictable?

If people are reading what I write, they aren't commenting very often. I sort of feel like a person who is at an event, or shopping, or whatever.... you see someone you know and you smile and say 'hi, how are you?' and that person then says something back to you. It may be a short conversation, but at least they are acknowledging your existence. I was raised to be polite that way.

I feel like that 'fifth-wheel' that everyone just wishes would go away. Yes, I'm whining. But that's just how I feel tonight. Sorry...

6 comments:

Loralee Choate said...

I can't speak for other people, but I have just sort of withdrawn from the internet as a whole due to well...psycho crap that has happened.

Plus, deleted my reader was also the equivalent of deleting my entire brain. I'm starting to slowly add blogs back into it and have decided to stick to the bsu people and those I have met in person so that I can stay sane.

HUGS.

Sue said...

In my opinion, you are NOT a fifth wheel. I like coming back to see what you've been up to... I just don't always comment because sometimes, I feel like I need to come up with something witty or encouraging or AWESOME... and I don't always have it at my disposal. Please don't stop blogging!

Sharon said...

Thanks, ladies.

Sue, you don't need to say anything witty if your 'witty bone' is tired...

Sue said...

Sharon...

About who I'm writing for...

It's a company called Demand Studios. They hire writers to write "How To" articles for other sites on the web that they then distribute to. You can choose articles from their vault of subjects that need writing, or you can suggest your own. Pay is about $15 per article. You should check it out. I have a feeling it'd be something you'd be really good at!

Anonymous said...

Sharon,

I love reading your blog. I also know how you feel. Since you read my blog, you know that you are the only one that leaves me comments. I thought about deleting my blog, but I thought that I do not write, first and foremost, for others to read (although it is nice to get comments), I write mainly for myself. I think the main point is that the writing does something for your being and the comments are just the icing on the cake.

Aspen said...

I go through cycles, depending on my life and work and free time... Sometimes I read everyone's blogs everyday and sometimes I don't check them but once a week or every two weeks (especially when I'm traveling). But I always enjoy reading your blog and keeping up with how you are doing.