Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Still Debating...

Haven't totally made up my mind about whether to take more classes this fall... I know... classes began last week...

I want to take two classes from Dr. Morgan - Tech Writing, and again (4th time) Web Content Writing. I would be auditing. By taking the Tech Writing, I will fulfill all the requirements for the 'Electronic Writing Certificate' that BSU offers. There is something I like about having a piece of paper that says: "Yes, this woman accomplished something!"

I lost out on a whole year at BSU. My knee replacement surgery kept me 'out of commission' for a lot of things that I would have liked to do. Yes, I could still sew (eventually), but the pain in my knee was so bad, and so unrelenting, that it curtailed so many activities that I wanted to do... and I LOVED taking classes! And I LOVED getting to know some really fantastic young people! They were so kind to this 'OLD ONE'!

However, the pain in my knees (yes, BOTH of them) still takes up a lot of my life. There are nights I can't sleep, things I still can't do... I keep wondering if the whole surgery thing was even worth it...

1 comment:

daringtowrite said...

I guess that accomplishment certificate takes on even more meaning after such a tough year of not having been able to live up to your usual productivity.

It must have been very hard to miss out on the classes and the support of your young classmates.

And, as the pain and loss of sleep and mobility continues, I can see how the recovery process seems so never ending at times, that you wonder if you would have been better off without the surgeries.

Sounds like you are feeling pretty discouraged. Are you?