Sunday, September 28, 2008

Feeling Righteous...

Yes, I am! Have been cleaning out closets and bagging up clothing we no longer wear. From our closet and dressers, I filled 7 plastic garbage bags that we then took to the Cass County DAC, (Developmental Achievement Center). They have a nice new facility, and they sell used clothing there.

Then, yesterday, I worked with my son cleaning out HIS dressers and closet! Yes sir, yes sir, 6 bags full! I will also take those to the DAC this coming week. All of the clothing is still in very good condition. ( I threw away torn or stained items.)

Our son was working in Minneapolis all last week with my brother, who is a contractor. (Mike Stordahl Construction, if anyone in that area is interested in a quality workman!) Colin will be going back down this afternoon for another week of work. He stays at their house, and he says they are sure feeding him well! But the kind of work he was doing, he was burning a lot of calories!

My new spring bulbs have arrived from Gurneys! I ordered more lilies (some red this time), some tulips and irises. Over the years, my tulips and irises have sort of 'petered out'. This spring, only one tulip even came up... poor little thing!

Today I'm doing laundry, hauled all the bags of clothing out to my car, and now have a sewing job to finish up for my brother so Colin can take it back with him this afternoon.

I told him that it was really quiet around here with him gone. But that's something we will have to get used to, at least hopefully.... he's still looking for a full-time job. Anyone know of any openings for a computer expert, carpenter, manufacturing engineer, mechanic????? He can do just about anything.

No comments: