Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Trauma...



Going through a tough time here... My little Sony has started having seizures... Took her into the vet yesterday, left her so they could do tests and observe her.

Vet's diagnosis - kidney failure, extremely low white count in her blood, infection in both ears...

She had three seizures yesterday. Not violent, she just sort of passes out and breathes really hard for about two minutes. If she is standing up when they start, she tips over. So very scary.

I have pills to give her twice a day for the infection as well as drops to put in her ears. Take her back next week for another blood test.

She is 14 years old, two years older than her mother was when she died. But somehow, I thought she would live forever. She is the sweetest dog I have ever known. Bear with me through this tough time.

The picture is from healthier times.

5 comments:

Pudgeduck said...

Sharon-I am so sorry! I know how tough this is for you and your family. Will be thinking of you.

nrlaumei said...

Sharon, I'm so sorry to hear about Sony's illness! I'll be thinking about you over the next week -- please keep us updated!

Anonymous said...

Sharon,
I am so sorry to hear about Sony. This also happened to my black lab, Toby, who lived to be fifteen (very old for a lab). I know what you are going through and how hard it is for you right now. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Loralee Choate said...

I am so very sorry about Sony, Sharon.

Pets are family members, especially when they are as sweet as your dog is.

My thoughts are with you. Please let us know how the little one is doing.

Berne said...

oh my. It's tough when our four legged friends begin to age and become ill. Thinking of you.