Thursday, January 17, 2008

Sick dog...

I'm sitting here tonight with a sick little dog. Sony has not been herself tonight. She has had a couple horrible 'accidents' on the carpet and looked SO guilty about it. She gags, burps, cries, and has thrown up twice. I called our vet, and he said it sounds like she ate something that is really upsetting her stomach..... Duh! No kidding!

Doesn't make it any easier to go through this with her. She looks at me with those sad brown eyes literally begging me to 'make it better'. I hold her, rub her tummy, try to comfort her as much as I can. Then she relaxes and I put her back on her pillow. She will doze for a while, then have stomach pains again and cry.

Lord help her through this please! She is 14 years old, but I can't lose her... I simply can't!

EDIT: Thursday morning, 8 am, she is much better. Finally went to sleep about 2 am. I gave her a teaspoon of cottage cheese this morning, and that has stayed down for over an hour.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad she's doing better!

Sharon said...

Thanks, Berne. I haven't been that scared since my husband was in the hospital!