Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Writing...

I helped Froyd by doing some editing of his book, Inanis the Hooded. You know how it is, an old English teacher, can't get that old red pen out of her hand...

Anyway, he was kind enough to thank me on his blog! He also has my writing site listed on the site for his book! So I thought I'd better get my 'rear in gear' and post a new story! Thanks, Froyd for the push!

So.... Ta-Da! There is a new story up! It's the story of how we came to adopt our children. It was a difficult story to write, lots of painful memories came back, however, also memories of the happiest day of my life---the day we brought Colin home!

2 comments:

Froyd said...

lol. No problem at all sharon. The only editing advice I didn't take was the quotes when Inanis was telling his story...since they were all him talking, I figured the quotes starting and ending did it. Everything else though was pretty much spot on. I rewrote a couple of spots and all in all took your excellent advice.

Sharon said...

Glad I could help. 'Old school' advice is that if a quotation is more than one paragraph long, each paragraph should begin with a quotation mark. Otherwise the reader can get lost...