Monday, November 12, 2007

Doctor Visit...

My son took me to Bemidji today for a follow-up visit with Dr. Miller.

Infection is GONE, and it wasn't staph! He gave me a cortisone injection in my right hip (hip-hip-hooray!). That will help with the bursitis that flared up from the exercises at therapy.

He said I was healing up nicely, and I don't have to come back until Dec. 10th.

I'm to continue going to physical therapy, and I think that is a good idea. I do my exercises at home very day, but the gals who work at Peak Performance, are trained professionals who guide me through new exercises every couple of weeks to strengthen the muscles in that leg.

I can resume taking showers (instead of sponge baths!) as long as I wrap the knee securely in plastic wrap. No longer have to resort to washing my hair in the kitchen sink!

So today was a very good day! It also helped that it was sunny and the temperature reached 55!

After all the dark, painful days I've had, today was such a wonderful day! I think I can see some light at the end of this tunnel I've been in! Praise the Lord!!!!!

No comments: